The Controller within the meaning of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the department, including its management, as indicated in the legal notice.
Please note that booking processes on our website are conducted via the ticketing system by the company CTS Eventim AG & Co. KGAa, Contrescape 75a, 28195 Bremen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
II. Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer of the Controller is
Dr. Susanne Muth
Große Bleichen 30
III. General Information on Data Processing
1. Extent of Processing of Personal Data
As the operator of this website, we take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data with confidentiality and in compliance with the statutory data protection regulations, in particular the GDPR (EU - General Data Protection Regulation), the BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act) and this Data Protection Policy.
It is generally possible to access our website without giving personal data. To the extent that personal data is collected (e.g. name, address or email addresses), this is, where possible, consistently done on a voluntary basis. Transfer of this data to third parties is subject to your express consent.
Please note that the online transmission of data (e.g. when communicating per email) can be subject to security risks. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
To the extent that processing personal data is necessary for using the website, this is primarily done to secure the functionality of the website. Any other processing of personal data requires your consent. An exception is possible in cases where it is not possible to obtain prior consent for factual reasons and where statutory regulations permit data processing.
2. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Where we obtain your consent for processing procedures of personal data, we act in compliance with the rules of Article 6 GDPR as the legal basis. Transfer of your data for ticket processing to third parties takes place for the performance of the booking contract.
3. Erasure of Data and Duration of Storage
Personal data is erased or made unavailable as soon as the storage purpose has become obsolete. Any further storage is only permissible in cases provided for by law. Data is also made unavailable or erased upon expiration of a statutory storage period unless further storage of the data is required for concluding or performing a contract.
1. Description and Scope of Data Processing
The majority of the cookies we use are called "session-cookies". They are automatically erased after you have ended your visit. Other cookies are stored on your terminal device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser at the next visit.
You can adjust the settings of your browser so that you are informed about the placing of cookies and can thus permit cookies in individual cases, generally or specifically reject cookies, and activate the automatic erasure of cookies when the browser is shut. Deactivation of cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
The site provider automatically collects and stores information in server-log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. This information consists of the following:
- type of browser / version of browser
- operating system in use
- referrer URL
- host name of the accessing computer
- time of the server query
This data cannot be assigned to identifiable persons. This data will not be combined with other data sources.
However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, then your IP address will previously be shortened in EU member states and in other states which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA in exceptional cases, where it is then shortened. On request of the website operator, Google will use this information to evaluate the use of the website, compile reports about website activities, and render services for the website operator that are connected to the use of the website and the internet. Your IP address, which has been transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics, will not be combined with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by using the respective settings of your browser software; however, please note that you might thus be unable to fully use all functions of this website. Furthermore, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de, you can prevent that the data which is generated by the cookie and relates to your use of the website (including your IP address) is collected and processed by Google
V. Data Protection Information Regarding the Integration of Third-Party Providers
Data protection policy for the use of Facebook plugins (like-button).
Plugins of the social network Facebook; provider: Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA are integrated into our sites. The Facebook logo or the "like button" ("like") indicates the Facebook plugins on our website. You can see an overview of the Facebook plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you visit our sites, the plugin establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Thus, Facebook receives information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Facebook like button while you are logged on to your Facebook account, you can link the content of our sites to your Facebook account. By doing so, Facebook can assign the visit of our sites to your user account. Please note that as the provider of the sites we have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by Facebook. Further information on this issue is available in Facebook's data protection policy at http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php.
If you do not wish that Facebook is able to assign the visit of our sites to your Facebook user account, log off from your Facebook user account.
Data protection policy for the use of Twitter
Twitter functions are integrated into our sites. These functions are provided by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. By using Twitter and the "retweet" function, the websites you have visited are linked to your Twitter account and made available for other users, in the process of which data is also transferred to Twitter. Please note that as the provider of the sites we have no knowledge of the content of the transferred data or its use by Twitter. Further information on this issue is available in Twitter's data protection policy at http://twitter.com/privacy.
You can change your Twitter data protection settings in your account settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
Data protection policy for the use of Google +1
Our sites use functions of Google +1. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Collecting and transmitting information: By using the Google +1 button you can publish information worldwide. By using the Google +1 button, you and other users receive personalised content from Google and our partners. Google stores the information that you have given for +1 content as well as information about the site that you viewed when clicking on +1. Your +1 can appear as information together with your profile name and your photo in Google services such as in results of search queries or in your Google profile, or in other locations on websites and ads in the internet.
Google records information about your +1 activities in order to improve Google services for you and others. In order to be able to use the Google +1 button, you need a worldwide visible, public Google profile, which must include the name selected for the profile as a minimum requirement. This name will be used for all Google services. In some cases, this name can also be replaced with a different name which you have used when sharing content via your Google account. The identity of your Google account can be displayed to users who know your email address or have any other of your identifying information at their disposal.
Use of the collected information: In addition to the usage purposes described above, the information you made available is used in accordance with the applicable Google data protection policy. Google might publish combined statistics on the +1 activities of the users or pass these on to users and partners, such as publishers, advertisers or affiliate websites.
Data protection policy for the use of YouTube
Our website uses plugins of the Google-operated site YouTube. The operator of the sites is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our sites which is equipped with a YouTube-plugin, a connection is established with YouTube's servers, in the process of which the YouTube server is notified of which of our sites you have visited.
If you are logged in to your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to directly assign your surfing behaviour to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging off from your YouTube account.
Further information on the handling of user data is available in YouTube's data protection policy at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
VI. Data Protection Information Regarding Social Media
We are also active on social media to present ourselves to our users and to communicate with them.
When visiting these sites, user data might be processed in territory outside of the European Union. In these jurisdictions, German or European data protection law is generally not applied, which can make it more difficult to enforce your rights. US providers that are certified for Privacy-Shield undertake to observe EU data protection standards.
The collected data of social media visitors are usually processed for market research and advertising purposes. The accessed content can be used to generate usage profiles, which in turn can be used for advertisements on social media or elsewhere. Usually, this conduct is facilitated by cookies which are stored on the user's computer.
Data of users of social media can also be stored by providers in another manner; in particular if these users are registered on social media and are logged on there.
The processing of personal user data occurs on the basis of Article 6 (1)(f) GDPR. As an operator of a social media presence, we have a legitimate interest in the effective provision of information to and communication with users. Insofar as the user - e.g. by clicking a check box - has given consent to data processing, the legal basis for processing is Article 6 (1)(a) and Article 7 GDPR.
Further information on data processing and on procedures available for redress (opt-out) are available from the respective providers which are listed subsequently.
Information queries and claims seeking to assert other user rights are most effective when directly addressed to the providers, since they have sole access to all user data and can provide the information sought or take measures.
– Facebook (Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Irland) – data protection policies: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/, settings for advertising/Opt-Out: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/, Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active.
– Twitter https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
– Instagram https://help.instagram.com/196883487377501
– Google/YouTube (Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) – data protection policy: https://policies.google.com/privacy, Opt-Out: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=de, Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active.
VII. Participation Conditions for Facebook Prize Competitions
The following terms are participation requirements for a prize competition which is advertised on a Facebook site of Planetarium Hamburg.
1. Object of the Participation Conditions and the Hosts
(1) The participation conditions govern the conditions for participating in prize competitions and, if applicable and necessary, the transfer of rights. The description and the procedure of the respective prize competition are provided in a specific posting on the facebook site in the context of the respective prize competition. A notice concerning this data protection policy is included in the corresponding posting.
(2) Planetarium Hamburg, Linnering 1 (Stadtpark), 22299 Hamburg is the host of the prize competition.
(3) Consent is given to the participation conditions by participating.
(4) The prize competition is not connected to Facebook. It is not sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook.
(1) Any person who has reached 18 years of age and is resident in Germany is entitled to participate in prize competitions. Participation with false identities or with third-party identities is prohibited.
(2) Persons eligible to participate can do so in the respective prize competitions by performing the actions described in the prize competition posting (e.g. clicking "like" on a contribution, commenting etc.) and leaving it unaltered for at least as long as it takes to select the winners.
(3) Participation is possible until the date specified in the posting.
3. Prizes and Notification of Winning
(1) The prizes, which are specified in the posting, are raffled between all eligible participants.
(2) Within one week after the closing date, the winners are selected per random principle among all eligible participants. The winners are notified via the Facebook comment function, or in a separate posting, and are requested to send an email to the stated address in which the personal data are fully, truthfully and compliantly transmitted. This information is necessary for dispatching the prize.
(3) If a winner does not submit an email to us within the stated period, the entitlement to the prize expires. In such cases we are entitled to carry out a substitute raffle.
(3) Each participant is only allowed to win one prize per prize competition.
(4) The prize is not transferable. Neither can it be exchanged or paid out for in cash.
(5) To the extent that circumstances arise for which we are not responsible, the respective winner accepts a sufficient replacement prize. In particular, such extraordinary circumstances are those that lie with the sponsors of the prizes.
(6) The prizes are sent per post to winners to the address stated. When the prize is handed over to a transporter, the risk passes to the winner. We are not responsible for any transport damage.
4. Rights of Use
(1) The participant guarantees that he / she holds the required rights to the uploaded or linked photographs and texts. If the participant is not the sole author or holder of rights, he / she expressly declares to hold all rights required for participating in the prize competition.
(2) The participant grants us the following non-exclusive, temporally and territorially unlimited right of use but not exclusive rights of use to the photograph or text used by him / her:
• the right to store the photograph or text on a server; • the right to make the photograph or text entirely or partially available to the public via Facebook and our website (in particular www.planetarium-hamburg.de); • the right to use the photograph and the text for advertising our products; • the right to edit the photograph or the text without alienating the image or the text.
(3) When using the image or text, we will make the author discernible in a suitable manner to the extent that this is feasible taking into consideration the specific forms of use.
(4) By accepting the prize, the winner gives consent that we use his / her name for advertising purposes
5. Liability and Indemnification
(1) To the extent that the participant uploads photographs or texts, the participant guarantees that he / she will not transmit any content whose availability, publication or use breaches applicable law or third-party rights.
(2) The participant indemnifies us from any third-party claims which are a result of the unlawfulness of photographs and texts used by the participant. The obligation to indemnify also includes the obligation to fully indemnify the host from legal defence costs (e.g. court and lawyer costs).
(3) By taking part in the prize competition, the participant indemnifies Facebook from any liability.
(1) Any breach of these terms of participation entitles us to exclude the respective participant from participation. In particular, this applies if the participant makes false statements, or any photograph or other content (e.g. comment) which was used breaches applicable law or third-party rights. The same is applicable to comments that can be deemed as glorifying violence, offensive, harassing or demeaning, or violate the social sense of decency in any other way.
(2) If the excluded participant has already been raffled as a winner, the prize can be denied retroactively.
7. Premature Termination and Changes
If it is not possible to guarantee that the prize competition is performed properly due to technical (e.g. computer virus, manipulation of or the faultiness of software/hardware) or legal reasons (e.g. prohibition by Facebook), we reserve the right to prematurely terminate, or change the course of, the entire prize competition, or parts thereof, at any time and without observing deadlines or notice periods.
8. Data Protection
We are responsible for collecting, processing and using personal data of the participants to the extent that we process it ourselves. We will only use the participant's personal data and his / her other personal data within the framework of statutory data protection provisions. We will only store, process or use the information insofar as this is necessary to carry out the prize competition or the participant has given consent. This also includes use for exercising the granted rights of use. The data is exclusively used for carrying out the prize competition and is subsequently deleted.
The participant is entitled at any time to demand information on the stored data stored data concerning him / her.
9. Final provisions
(1) If the terms of participation include invalid provisions, the validity of the remaining provisions remains unaffected.
(2) German law is applicable. Recourse to the courts to review the prize competition is excluded.
You have the option to subscribe to a free-of-charge newsletter. When registering for the newsletter, the data from the input mask is transmitted to us. The newsletter is distributed if the user registered on the website.
The subscription to the newsletter can be terminated by the respective user at any time. A corresponding link is included in each newsletter for this purpose, which also facilitates the revocation of the consent given to the storage of the personal data collected during the registration procedure.
IX. Contact form and Email Contact
1. Description and Scope of Data Processing
There is a contact form on our website which can be used for electronic contact. If a user avails himself / herself of this opportunity, then the data entered into the input mask is transferred to and stored by us.
Alternatively, it is possible to contact us using the provided email address. In such cases, the user's personal data transferred with the email is stored.
In this context, no data is passed on to third parties. The data is exclusively used for processing the conversation.
2. Purpose of Data Processing
Processing personal data from the input mask solely serves for processing the first contact. If first contact is established, this also provides the basis for the necessary legitimate interest in processing the data.
The other personal data processed during the sending procedure serves to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
3. Duration of Storage
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was stored. This is the case for personal data from the input mask of the contact form and such data that was transmitted by email when the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation is ended when the circumstances give rise to the deduction that the respective issue has been resolved conclusively.
You have the option to subscribe to a free-of-charge newsletter. When registering for the newsletter, the data from the input mask is transmitted to us. The newsletter is distributed if the user registered on the website.
X. Rights of the Affected Person
If your personal data is processed, you are an affected person within the meaning of the GDPR and you have the following rights towards the controller:
1. Right of Access
You have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning yourself is being processed, and where such processing is the case you have the right to obtain the following information from the controller:
(1) the purposes of the processing;
(2) the categories of personal data concerned;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed;
(4) the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
(5) the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning you or to object to such processing;
(6) the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
(7) where the personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source;
You have the right to obtain information as to whether your personal data is being transmitted to a third country or an international organisation.
2. Right to rectification
You have the right to obtain from the controller rectification concerning inaccurate or incomplete data concerning yourself. The controller shall rectify the data without undue delay.
Where data is processed for academic, historic or statistic purposes:
Your right to rectification can be limited to the extent that it is likely to render impossible or significantly impair the implementation of the research or statistic purposes and the limitation is necessary in order to fulfil the research or statistic purposes.
3. Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to obtain the restriction of processing of personal data concerning you under the following circumstances:
(1) if you contest the accuracy of the personal data for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
(2) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
(3) the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
(4) if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those put forth by you;
Where processing of the personal data concerning you has been restricted, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
If the restriction of processing was conducted pursuant to the above-stated conditions, you shall be informed by the controller before the restriction of processing is lifted.
4. Right to Erasure
You have the right to obtain the erasure of the respective personal data without delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
(1) the personal data concerning you is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
(2) you withdraw consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1), or point (a) of Article 9(2), and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
(3) you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) GDPR;
(4) the personal data concerning you has been unlawfully processed.
(5) the personal data concerning you has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
(6) the personal data concerning you has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) GDPR.
You shall not have the right to obtain erasure to the extent that processing is necessary
(1) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
(2) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3) GDPR;
(4 for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) GDPR in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
(5) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5. Right to Notification
If you have established the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing vis-à-vis the controller, he / she is obliged to notify each recipient to whom the personal data concerning you had been disclosed of the rectification or erasure of data or the restriction of the processing unless this proves to be impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
You shall have the right vis-à-vis the controller to be informed of these recipients.
6. Right to Data Portability
You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself, which you have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you shall have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided, where
(1) the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR; and
(2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability, you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible. This right shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
That right to data portability shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
7. Right to Object
You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
8. Right to Revoke the Declaration of Consent Under Data Protection Law
You shall have the right to revoke your declaration of consent under data protection law. The revocation of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing performed on the basis of the consent until its revocation.
9. Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you considers the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Article 78 GDPR.